Preparing for your new baby is an exciting time! Part of that preparation needs to include preparing yourself, both physically and emotionally, for the changes that are on the way.
Know What to Expect
Learn about routine tests, exercise, healthy eating, preparing for childbirth, breastfeeding and more.
Things You Can Do
There are steps you can take to help keep yourself and your baby healthy during your pregnancy, including:
- Take a prenatal vitamin or a multivitamin with folic acid, if possible at least three months before you start trying to become pregnant. As always, consult your physician prior to adding any new medication, including vitamins.
- Schedule your prenatal visit within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Be sure to keep all your appointments with your doctor.
- Schedule your postpartum check-up between three and six weeks after your baby is born.
- Talk to your doctor if you feel sad or depressed after delivery.
Click on the image above to sign up, or text the word "baby" (or "bebe" to receive messages in Spanish) to 511411. Whether you are an expecting mother or a new mother, you will receive valuable tips and reminders for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
For more information about Text4baby and the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition, go to text4baby.org